Just coming back from the launch of the Business Bomba, Business Plan Competition Sierra Leone! 🙂 This competition aims to increase economic activity and thereby employment in the whole of Sierra Leone.
I must say I was rather impressed by the professionalism of the whole affair. For starters, everything was on schedule, the function was chaired by the Honourable Minister Of Trade and Industry, Mr David Carew and the H.E. Vice President Dr. Sam Sumana, gave the keynote address and officially launched the ceremony.
In addition, as a measure of encouragement to the budding entrepreneurs, two already successful homegrown business people were invited namely – Mr Sam King and Mrs Ayo Macaulay – were invited to tell their personal stories.
Essentially, here are the details of the competition:
1. Will last from July till December 2009
2. All applications to be submitted to 12 Pademba Road, Freetown. Cell No is – +232 (0)78 399 999
3. Competition is backed by DFid & the Soros Economic Development Fund(SEDF)
4. At least 200 applications are expected of which 60 will be shortlisted out of which there’ll be 20 winners
5. Deadline for initial application is 4th Sept 2009
6. Winners will face Dragon Den Style of pitching their plans to investors for their money… 🙂
I guess this is a good opportunity for all those with good business ideas but lack funding to submit.
I’m seriously excited with this one! I hope it will be the birth of many successful businesses in Sierra Leone.