Statement of Faith
I am a born-again, spirit-filled Christian who believes in Jesus Christ as the Messiah and trying my best to live a life worthy of His Name. (Click Here To See How To Become A Christian) I would like to share with you a few verses from the KJV of the Bible telling you why I believe this way. I have spent a few years sharing with few groups of people particularly in Sierra Leone about the second coming of Christ, but I feel that the most important message that I can share with you is the “Salvation Jesus Christ Offers To All Humankind” (Titus 2:11-14)
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life. As prophesied in many places in the old testament (e.g. Isa 53), He died on the cross to atone for our sins or transgressions, and rose again on the third day. He ascended into Heaven with a promise to return someday which is approaching soon.
- I believe in God, revealed in three persons, known as the “Biblical Trinity.” God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28: 19 reads, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” The Lord Jesus Christ gave us this command on how to baptize believers. In 1 John 5:7 the Bible reads, “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
- I believe that it is solely by the grace of God that man, as a condemned sinner (Eph 2:8), receives salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to forgive our sins. Only then are we held blameless by the Father. Faith in Jesus Christ saves us from a literal hell, for a literal, eternal Heaven.
- I believe that faith=salvation + works (Jas 2:14). I am not antinomian (faith=salvation – works) nor do I believe in legalism (works = salvation)
- I believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible Word of God, inerrant (free from error) in its original manuscripts (Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek). I read & share using the English King James Version (KJV) of the Bible first printed in 1611 by Robert Barker, the king’s printer.
- I believe that Jesus is coming soon. I know by what Jesus says in Matthew 28: 20 that the world I live in today will come to an end. It reads, “…and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ is coming again – I believe in the Rapture event before the wrath of God is poured out on the earth. 1Thess 4:13-18 & 1Thess 5:9
- I believe in the visible, personal, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ to the earth at the close of the Great Tribulation after His wrath has been poured out on the earth.
- Last, I believe in heaven and in hell; God’s promise of eternal life for the saved and His warning of eternal damnation for those that are lost.